Thursday, February 9, 2012

So what happened?

Like the title of this post says, so my answer, in short so I don't bore myself to death, the past few years has been pretty blah. First in Oct 2010 my mom gets diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in the colon. It required chemotherapy, which we all know isn't pretty. Thankfully there was no need for surgery, but the treatment took four months, and seeing her dealing with it during the time and the aftermath was hard. And since I'm the only kid living at home with the parents(in part because I'm still jobless) I got the heavy load of running all the chores around the house(course I'm used to it but it's been doubled). And if that wasn't enough I had to put up with all her occasional emotional rollercoasters and I can't even complain about it cause I know why. So her chemotherapy went well and the cancer is obliterated from her system, recovery is another story. Then two months before the end of last year she gets shingles, and if u are wondering what that is, well chances are your grandparents probably had it so u can ask them about it cause words here is just hopelessly inadequate to describe it...
And well this year just when I thought the storm is calming I get the second half of the one-two punch: my dad is diagnosed with gastric cancer. And in his case he needs a chemotherapy and surgery. My only response to this is one long siiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhh..........

Its quite depressing yeah. I feel pretty stressed to the bone. All that is really helping me to relax is this IPod wi it's endless capabilities and not to mention this dreamy pic adorning the wallpaper of this device(if u don't know who it is well here's a hint: you can see him in the latest acclaimed flick SHAME):

<3 <3 <3

I'm pretty nuts. But if I wasn't I wouldn't be here now would I?


TBC...

No comments: