Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Art Book Collection Pt. 2

Continuing on:


For a long time I had not a clue what WATCHMEN was about. When the trailer for the movie came out I took the time to go buy the graphic novel and read it in 3 days. It was really good and totally different from a typical comic book I am used to reading. Now I seen the movie, I say they did pretty good job of keeping it close to the source but some parts could've been better and some parts didn't really NEED to be emphasized (e.g. the now notorious Owl Ship scene, if you know what I mean). The behind the scene book above showed just how much time and effort and dedication the staff put into bringing the book to life on the big screen.

Ah, the infamous MATRIX series. The first one really was a kicker, it was totally out of the world, and I was a big fan. Until the two sequels came out, and the magic was lost. Some really cool storyboards and concept art though.

Just like WATCHMEN I had no clue about Frank Miller's epic noir classic. I actually saw the movie first, and I read the comics. Loved the visuals and the cinematics, it looks like an animated version of the original comic.

I remember reading this back in high school ( I think pretty much everyone has.) I know there are few other film adaptations of this Old English epic but I heard it was horrible so I never looked at it. This one was actually cool, the CG was some of most impressive I've ever seen in all CG animations.

Ah the lovable panda doing kung-fu. I had such a kick a good time watching this. I loved the concept art and I'm sure when you open this book you will too. Perfect for would-be animators in training.

TBC...





No comments: