Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"A Broken Bridge"

It's strange how it is. You have a head full of ideas and you know exactly what to say or write, but when the time comes to bring it out of the head into paper or computer or mouth, suddenly,
zip, zilch, zap! Either it's all jumbled up like scrambled eggs or nothing comes out at all. Like even now as I'm writing this blog I had good idea of what I wanted to write about, and then, in a minute, I don't remember what it is I want to write about. It's like the bridge between the brain and the fingers or the mouth breaks down right in the middle. Why is that? Brain freeze? Or, perhaps, just the cells in the brain or the nervous system are being fried one by one a day and it can't keep up with all the info that keeps loading in every second. Tis strange, no?

Anyhoo, I've found time to whip up this great piece of HOTD art for the comic, sort of a cover I say:

It's to introduce the new chapter of the HOTD fan comic series. Since it takes place in a post-apocalyptic London I had the torn UK flag included. I had many influences for this piece, mainly the ARMY OF DARKNESS poster and to name other few.

Now I've been asked to convert this into a wallpaper, so I'm working on that, and will post that here too soon. To be continued...

No comments: