Sunday, April 19, 2009

Start Over

I went working on that last picture for that Wacom contest I mentioned in the last entry, and somehow it just didn't do it for me. After couple of hours of worthless paintovers I decided to toss it in the bin and start from scratch. I think what was missing in the last piece was action, and that's what I'll try to do in the new one.

A little break from the comp and I saw 'CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK' and I actually liked it. I remember when it first came out a lot of reviews trashed it, and I guess that's what turned me away from attempting to rent it before. The story and the actors are not stellar, but I loved the designs, reminds me of Philip Straub, a concept artist I greatly admire (website).

Next time I'll post a progress of my new pic. For now I must be off to church...

No comments: