Sunday, July 20, 2008

Final Card illustration: The Pretentious Player

My third and last illustration for the GeekFight! card game: The Pretentious Player.

Name's pretty self-explanatory. A spoiled, yuppy-type guy who hoards bunch of super rare cards to make up for his inexperience in card gaming.

Started out with base sketch, which I then scanned into Photoshop:



Later I apply Cutout and Poster edge to the sketch to give it a tighter linework, after which I apply a layer of Underpaints using a lavendar-ish shade. I then block in some colors on another layer with blend mode set to Multiply:


Note I made his coat color green. It is said that the term 'green' is often used as a slang to refer to someone who's got no skills whatsoever. Which fits this picture perfectly.

TBC...

1 comment:

free lotto said...

Considering the fact that it could be more accurate in giving informations.