Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New series - Character Sketch Art

I've finally finished with the Uplift Project. I've shipped it over to the server for processing, and now all I get to do is wait...

In the meantime I'm starting to put together a series of original character concept sketches I've been working on since January. I made it a New Year's resolution to fill the whole 100 page sketchbook with different original characters, but, knowing me, I haven't really lived up to it. I think I only got thru a third of the book. I'm ashamed of myself...

Anyway here are some of the first sets. I'm actually using these right now for a graphic novel that I started back in '05, but I got sidetracked two years after and I've put it off. Now I'm planning to start everything over from scratch cause I'm now trying to really move away from the usual anime-ish style I've been living on all my life. And also I'm opting for a faster cheaper approach- the computers. Before I was drawing and inking with Sharpie and standard .5 mm pen on a 11x14 Bristol paper, and occasionally filling in colors with markers and watercolor, and that just turned out to be very very laborious and time consuming. And Time is so very precious nowadays. I don't consider them a waste, really. I'll be keeping lot of the original elements in my new set. And yes, I'm gonna rewrite a lot of the really really crappy lines...

Enough rattling. Enjoy the first sets:




Enjoy your evening folks...

No comments: