Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dark Avenger continued

I've put a LOT of hours on this next step: painting and blending.


I used a large Hard Round with Other Dynamics checked in the Brush settings, painting in the large areas and blocking in forms and shadows. I also tweaked the figure with Lasso and Free Transform to try and even out the anatomy and proportions. Once that's done, I blow up the image to 300 dpi and start adding in the details.

I decide to make a dup file to save some RAM crunching, some more brushwork, and even adding some textures in the jacket and so forth. I also use the customized Spackled brush to draw in those strands of hair. Periodically I use Curves and Hue/Sat to try and adjust the colors.


This is what I get by dinnertime Friday. I wanted to give his jacket a worn torn look so some brush strokes here and there. I decide to scrap the landscape background, I really had no freakin' idea what to do about the bg in the first place. I was sort of thinking maybe a landscape of rubbles, but it just wasn't working out for me. I'm still gonna be thinking about it while I finish with the figure.

to be cont...

No comments: