Thursday, March 13, 2008

Onward to other stuff

Now that I'm thru with the House of the Dead, it's time to move on.

I've finished the In the Lyrics piece, made some corrections from last time, I noticed her facial structures were just way off. So I fixed that and made some adjustments with Hue/Sat and Curves.



I'm starting on another character painting, it's another Arch Hunter but in different version.


This is just the start, the basic color/shadow/light blockin. Details to follow.

And alas, last night I head over to local nickel arcade to play some House of the Dead, which I haven't seen for years. They only had the first one, which sucked but it was still fun. My fingers are pretty sore from pushing that trigger, and for some reason when I'm trying to fire on the side of the screen it acts like it's reloading, so it was a bit frustrating; on top of that the screen was pretty dim, so it's hard to see the more darker creatures like the bat, otherwise I think I could've just finished the game with fewer continues. I still have to say, this one had lot better voice acting than the second one, which just made me crack every time I played it (and luckily the third and fourth installments were great too. I don't know what the hell they were thinking that time). I do hope they come out with 5, and hopefully it'll be a real sweet package.

No comments: